Where can I buy ebooks in bulk for my Kindle?

Carole O June 5, 2014

I am looking to add more books to my Kindle and someone told me I can buy a disc with about 500 books on it.

Any Ideas where I can buy and how much?

1. Carole O

Thanks you guys out there for all your help. I will look into what you have suggested and know that tis site is a useful tool for asking questions. Good reading everyone. Carole O

As Dave mentions, there are plenty of free books available on Amazon and elsewhere (e.g. project Gutenberg), and there's little point in getting a mix of 500 books you didn't choose, even aside from the legality issue. How many of them would you actually read?

3. Dave P

You can buy these CDs, but I personally wouldn't recommend doing so. As Guy mentioned, they will either be in the public domain or breaking copyright laws. If the latter then you're stealing money away from authors, and if it's the former then you can just download the books you want from Amazon or Project Gutenberg - http://www.gutenberg.org/

It's actually not hard quickly building a library of Kindle books. I have downloaded over 100 now, all free, all from Amazon, and all sourced from forums which detail the latest deals.

you can try ebay also

5. Guy M

You could buy a disk like that maybe from eBay or Craigslist, but I think they would be breaking some sort of copyright law. Unless they're already part of the public domain, like old classics.

On Amazon you can find collections of books, but usually they're just a series by an author.

You can also buy the Humble Ebook Bundle which has a few best-selling author books, name your own price, and support a charity.

There's a site called eBook Bundles as well.