How can I boot Windows using GRUB after deleting /boot partition?

March 30, 2014

So I had recently installed Ubuntu on my Dell Studio 1558 laptop. Because I later realized that I actually intended to install Kubuntu instead, I attempted to remove the partition that Ubuntu was on, however I ended up having to reboot and when I tried to boot back into Windows an error message was displayed on my computer. It read:

“error: no such partition.
Entering rescue mode…
grub rescue>”

I don’t exactly know what to do in order to boot into Windows and finish the job, as well as be able to simply use my computer. Please keep in mind that I want the solution provided to be completely free. Only thing I have access to (other than my Dell Studio 1558) is a an HP G50-213CA running Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) (with Group Policy and Lightspeed restrictions enabled and an inability to connect to the Internet), a 32 GB USB flash drive (with a bootable copy of Ubuntu), and an Apple iPad 2 running iOS 7.0.2 (11A501). I will not have access to writable DVDs, other computers, or anything like that.

Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.