What can I do about a black screen after a BIOS downgrade?

Anonymous May 29, 2014

I had problems with my Acer laptop. I performed a BIOS downgrade and now it does not work. The laptop turns on but all I get is a black screen… can someone help me?

A downgrade should not cause the screen to fail altogether, but at most, to lose some features or introduce minor bugs. The fact that your laptop is not booting up at all and that you are gettting a blank screen suggests that something went wrong in the downgrade process. You may have used the wrong ROM file (e.g. not for the exact same model & revision) or that the flashing operation went wrong.
    If you have tried what Hovsep suggests and got nowhere, you'll need to have your BIOS chip re-flashed. On a laptop, I suspect only the manufacturer's service dept. would be able to do that.

try to reset cmos battery,
    remove power cable, lapop battery
    remove cmos battery like 3-4h
    then replug all and try to boot

3. Rajaa C

The Google search threw up a lot of related links : https://www.google.co.in/search?q=BIOS+downgrade&oq=BIOS%C2%A0downgrade&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=black+screen+after+BIOS+downgrade+in+acer+laptop