How can I automatically adjust the prices of items on a webpage?

Alexis C August 11, 2014

Hello, I hope I can explain what I’d like to do.
There is a webpage I use a lot to know the prices of the things I sell. The problem is that page displays the prices that I paid the things for but I’d like the page to show me the prices I have to sell those things. So, for example if something in that list cost $100, I’d like to have it displayed as $156 (price*1.21+35). Is this possible?? I was thinking this could be accomplished with Bookmarklets and that way I could use it in any browser but I don’t know how to create one…. maybe there is an add-on for Firefox and Google Chrome?
Thanks!

1. Jeff F

If you wish to edit the result displayed on the server side webpage, you will either need to learn HTML/Javascript (for client side) and PHP with a focus on databases such as MySQL (for server side), or hire a programmer.

It sounds like you want to use GreaseMonkey, which is a FireFox add-on. It allows you to customise Firefox (or particular pages) using a JavaScript-like language. I've not written scripts for it, so can't help you there, but there are probably some scripts available that you could modify for your needs, or you could ask for help from the GreaseMonkey community.

There is a script for the Steam website that takes the prices listed and converts them into other currencies. I'm sure that script could be adopted to modify the prices with your equation rather than converting.
    http://code.google.com/p/steam-prices/

That said, if you do want coding help (I'm not a coder tho) then you will have to state the website you are taking the prices from because one has to analyze the source code to find out how to fetch or scrape the stated prices for further calculations.