Can anyone help making a custom ROM for my phone?

Angiera.averin May 29, 2014

I am trying to find a CWM recovery for my phone, that is colors xfactor idol “x16”. I want to back up everything including operating system, drivers etc. I am trying to make a new custom ROM for this model since I cannot find any over the Internet for it. I want to extract the drivers from the recovery and put it into the new ROM, getting rid of included application plus put my own animation for open and close, themes / visual styles etc. Can anyone help me with it? I am doing this on UBUNTU. I am still studying about it and haven’t started yet. I need some help.

XDA-Developers is the place to go for getting the right tools, ideas, support, and other resources for building a custom ROM. Head over to dsixda's Android Kitchen forum page, Dark Multitool Kitchen Helps You with Building Personal ROMs from Source, and XDA's Android Chef-Central for a wealth of information and a starting point. You can perform a search about your device and operating system version in order to find the best method of rooting, installing a custom recovery, backing up your phone. Then you can search for modifications to Android system files including creating themes, bootscreens, wallpapers, how to remove applications from the ROM, and how to include applications to make them system apps. Make sure to read, search, and research as much as possible before starting a new thread in the forum as they frown on people not using the search function properly or before posting.

Good luck!

• Angiera.averin

That was certainly very helpful really. But I couldn't find my device in the list, can I make CWM recovery on my own, I didn't really find the ready-made one , like samsung has. Is there any guide or something to start with? Thanks for your idea, I am working on it.

• Dalsan M

I searched for custom recovery for your phone, but only found ClockWork Mod for an older Xfactor phone. Ask around at XDA and Android Forums to see which recovery works for your phone since I would not want to give you the wrong one, it will hard-brick your phone if it is the wrong one.

• Angiera.averin

I see. It is easy to find these things for famous products only. I will ask on the forum. Thank you, I would like to take a look on the older one too.

• Dalsan M

This may be very helpful to you as someone ported a version of CWM to a Colors Xfactor Quad: http://xfactorquad.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-to-install-cwm-custom-recovery-in.html?m=1.

Also, look at Post #6 in the Android Forums: http://androidforum.com/topic/1536-colors-x-factor-android-phone-root-and-cwm/?p=7237.

Hope these help.

• Angiera.averin

Well, I visited those sites before and still studying on it. I cannot take the further step without making a backup of the whole system from where I must take out the necessary drivers, files to actually make a new costume ROM. So, at first I am in a need of CWM or any other recovery option that works with my device. I am doing so to avoid any unnecessary damage might happen later. Thank you for your reply.