How can I add a mobile top up system to a website?

Chinmay S March 2, 2014

I will be creating a website with a gaming system where people will earn points by playing games. After they have collected a certain amount of points, let’s say 100, they will be able to redeem those points by doing a mobile recharge. How do I add this type of system?

1. Dhruv S

Do you have a tie up of any kind with the service providers? How do you plan to pay for the recharge money? 100 INR for 500 seems a fairly high ratio of points to money. Try getting in touch with online recharge services like PayTM or mobiqwik etc. They might be able to help with you that part.

2. Irshaad A

Use a DB table that stores userID and points ; then each time the user ends up with a game; his score is updated in the DB.
    I did not understand to part related to mobile phone and redeem; can you clarify that please?, Thank You

• Chinmay S

Storing points in database is easy but how to redeem those points for a mobile recharge? If someone has collected 500 points they can get 100 rupees(Indian Currency) mobile recharge. When someone will login, the system will tell whether he has the minimum points or not, if he has then he can do a mobile recharge. Initially only Vodafone subscribers will be able to do recharge. So my question is how the system will do the recharge automatically if he clicks on Redeem button? I won't do it manually, going to Vodafone's site and then enter their number and click Recharge. The system should be able to do that.

• Irshaad A

Allow the users to input their mobile phone numbers upon registration and all them to the DB.
      Then get yourself a mobile phone provider that allows you to transfer credits from one mobile to another. (Send Rs. X to XXX-XXXX ; usually done by sending a string of code to a defined number).

Next look for a mobile phone that has a serial connection and connect in to your server. Recharge the mobile phone with enough credits and proceed.

Finally write a script that, at the end of each game round, will check the total points accumulated by that particular user. If the user's point exceeds fr e.g 100; make the server fetch the mobile number of the user, create a string in the format used by the mobile phone to transfer credits and appending the user's number in it and then send a command to the mobile phone to send the message to the prescribed number.

3. Artem

What kind of games you want your visitors to play? If you mean flash games, then the question is what they need to achieve there to earn a point. Of course, the other question in that case is how will the system know they actually achieved it.

This could be done with PHP (not so complicated, actually) and MySQL. As a professional developer I see about 10 variants of doing that at the current moment. If you want to get a clear answer of what you need to do exactly, then we need to know what do you want to see as a result. And a process, of course.

I do not thing there are some kind of ready-to-use solutions to implement on your website. Maybe, just because I did not understood your question correctly.

• Chinmay S

Problem is not about collecting points but redeeming points. Assume that someone has collected 1000 points and the system knows it. Now how can he redeem those points for a mobile recharge?

• Artem

What do you mean under 'mobile recharge'?

• Chinmay S

Recharging talktime balance.