How can I access my contacts on my Android Phone from a PC?

July 1, 2014

How do I access my contacts on my Android cell phone from my PC?  They have to be saved on a server somewhere so when I get a new phone I retrieve them by syncing.

Nice suggestions above threads. on your phone settings check if there is a backup and reset option, make sure the Back up my data tab is checked. It will be synced to gmail.

or
    1) Open the contact list on your android phone
    2) Click menu button from your contact list.
    3) hit the import/export tab, you should see list of available export and import options

As Bruce & Rajaa have said, if you use GMail on your phone then your contacts will be synced to it automatically. You can access them by logging into GMail on the web.

If you want to have them synced to your PC (that is, to your hard drive), you will need some syncing utility. For example, if you use Thunderbird, you can get the Zyndus addon which will sync them to the Thunderbird address book.

If you don't use GMail, then you'll need the equivalent for your system, or you could set up a GMail account just for the purpose of syncing your data rather than for the email address...

You shouldn't need to do it that way. When setting up my phone, after connecting it to my Google account, it asked if it should back up my data. By selecting 'Yes,' it has been backing up my photos, contacts, and other data automatically. After having to do a factory reset on my phone, simply reconnecting it to the same account had the phone automatically restoring all of the data it used to contain back to the phone. You should be able to do the same thing with a new phone as well.

As Bruce Epper has already advised, you can enter your Google GMail account username in Android phone and set it up to syncronise your phone contacts with the GMail contacts in the cloud, so when you change the phone to any other smartphone like an android or Windows phone, again when you setup the Google email ID, it will syncronise and populate back the contacts list to the new phone. Steps to do it http://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Android-Contacts-With-Gmail , however you need to have internet connection on your mobile phone to set up this feature and for all subsequent syncs.

Also if you want to backup to a PC as you originally wanted, there is a FREE solution that you can check out. It is call SyncDroid for PC and check at http://www.sync-droid.com/ . It is like a PC Suite software which supports all the major android manufacturers and phone models.

Rather, have both the solution, for a better peace of mind. :P