Can a friend and I play multiplayer Minecraft with PE Alpha 0.6.1?

Jeff N July 18, 2013

I wanna play Minecraft with my friend. We both have 0.6.1 PE Alpha. When we go to join a game it doesn’t work – how can we play together? Please help!

1. Wes

I need to know how to work a server

Firstly,update to latest version i.e. 0.7.2.Might be the latest version has fixed this issue.
    You can get to know that version 0.7.0 has introduced multiplayer support by visiting the link below as -

http://minecraftpecheats.com/2013/04/02/minecraft-pocket-edition-0-7-0-release-date-features/

If updating to latest version doesn't solves it,then try connecting via same Wi-Fi network if both the players are nearby.If far away,then it would require connecting via a VPN.

Watch the video mentioned below -

Minecraft pocket edition 0.7.1 tutorial: how to play multiplayer

3. Theodore G

In order to play multiplayer your must both be connected in the same Wi-Fi network. Then all you have to do is to start a game and your friend should see your game in the join game menu.