What’s better for a camera – a hard case or a soft case?

Nabil ahlhauser October 22, 2012

I have a camera.

My hypothetical guess is that the hard case protects against single impacts better, but isn’t as useful if you drop it, while a soft case protects the camera more if you drop it. This is just my guess.

i recommend using a hard case.

2. Nikhil Chandak

I think a soft-case

3. Boni Oloff

I think you can use the hard case. Any case made to protect, but hard case i think better for pressure.

4. Naveen Kumar

Hard case will protect your camera from bumps ur like adventure type otherwise u may go for soft case it enough...............................

5. Ahmed Khalil

hardcase is better for me as it protect the camera from accedents

6. Erlis Dhima

I suggest you a hard case... Look for one that has a good protection inside (that protects it from shaking).

7. Vishal Mishra

You should first put it in some soft cover and then put it in hard case.

8. Alex Perkins

I would recommend a hard case with (if possible) a soft padded inside.

9. DalSan Mack

Soft cases work best for carrying around with you as it is more portable if you are more careful. The padding isn't that great for big drops or bumps as it doesn't take the impact away as much as you would like. Hard cases, especially brief case styles are best for transporting your equipment, as in on an airplane, bus, or on trips. Initial impact is on the case, then the padding cushions the force to lessen the load on your equipment. Hard cases offer best protection, but soft cases offer better portability and comfort carrying.

10. Roi Ezekiel Arcega

I vote for hard cases.

11. Douglas Mutay

I believe hard case are the best. And the soft inner padding that usually comes with will absorb the impact if your camera is dropped onto the ground.

12. Declan Lopez

i would use a hard case because they are sturdier and would better protect against falls/drops

13. Dino Pearsons

I always recommend hard cases. From my experience (and let me tell you, I dropped a lot of devices, cameras included) hard cases always ended up being a better protection for the device.

Hard cases usually have soft inner padding, which protects the device when it's dropped onto the ground.