Why does the camera on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 always crash?
Question by Piseth Mao /

My friend just bought a tab 2 10.1. Anytime he opens the camera to take photo, it crashes after 2 or 3 seconds. The problem can always be fixed after restarting the device, but who will always restart the device when they are going take a photo? Sometimes, by the time the camera is ready the subject is already gone.

Is this a flaw of ICS or the Tab Hardware? I notice it is even worse than its predecessor as many applications are now not supported in this new tab. Khmer Unicode font is also a big problem for users with ICS.

Please give me some advice, please.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Piseth Mao

I think ICS is the cause of problem as I also experience poor Camera quality and many other bugs after I upgraded from 3.2 on my galaxy tab 10.1

• cory

Yea I have the same problem.

• Richard

I have the same camera issue. Camera fails frequently when taking picture s in sunlight.

• Sunny

I also facing same issue i bought my Tab 2 last month its working fine. but while taking pics in sunlight its taking only grey pics and camera going to failed. If you use tab inside home, office, means away from sunlight its working fine. I thought there are problem in sensor. please resolve the issue which i am facing i can’t enjoy with my tab.

• Jorge

Hello
      I have the same problem how did u fix it..?
      It also gets freeze pretty often?

• Kannon Y

That’s a pretty major software bug if so. I can’t imagine Samsung letting something like that go unpatched for very long.

Have you tried updating the firmware using Samsung Kies? It’s generally speaking the fastest method of diagnosing any persistent, reoccuring software bug.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Another option is to go to settings -> applications -> manage applications ->

choose the “all” tab for all installed software.

Then navigate to the camera app (does Samsung have their own proprietary app?) and wipe caches and clear memory. There’s not supposed to be anything in here, but if you do see something, it may be what’s causing the problem.

• DalSan Mack

Try Camera 360 from the Play Store and see if it has the same problems. If it does, there may be driver issues or other system file problems that may require a warranty replacement. Factory reset if the Camera 360 still doesn’t work and try again. If the tablet is running a custom ROM, then it may be the ROM and another ROM needs to be installed.

• ahmed Fouad khalil

i suggest to visit the technical support specially you still in the warranty period

Firstly,try factory reset of your tablet.If that doesn’t works or resolves any of your issue then it reaffirms that the TI OMAP processor inside this tablet is not powerful enough to handle all tasks as justified in the review( see under Performance and battery life section) –

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/13/3016957/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1-review