How can I make calls from a tablet?
Question by Dip Bagchi /

Calling through Karbon tab is possible? Kindly explain.

• HLJonnalagadda

Nimbuzz would be a good bet

• Harshit Jain

Use VOX voip or Skype for android. Also there google voice, groove ip

• VictorGeis

Making a call with Google Voice with WiFi might be worth a try.

• Blake Andreasen

GrooveIP app from Play store is awesome, I am living in China and can make and recieve calls and text all for free to US and Canada.

You can simply check it by looking whether your tablet has phone and text/mms message apps.

• Reý Aetar

Try out NIMBUZZ OR SKYPE

• Hoku Sarroca

would this work on a asus transformer prime???

Yes, it certainly would. Do install the application TANGO. Unlike connection limitions of other softwares, it supports WiFi, 3G, 4G and supports multi-platforms like Windows PC/Laptop, iPhone, Windows Phone and Android. You can get more details at http://www.tango.me/ . Alternatively, you can also use Skype for Android or WhatApps. All are available at Google Play.

• Hoku Sarroca

I d/l it on the transformer prime now it asked for mobile number… well transformer prime doesn’t have a number so do I put in my cell number??? am confused here… if you don’t mind giving more detail on how to get this set up on the prime… skype i’m not too fond of …

Visit the link below to know how to install Tango in your Asus Transformer prime tablet –

http://support.tango.me/entries/20305176-android-how-do-i-install-tango

• Hoku Sarroca

done all that… and when it asked for number … my prime is not connected to any cell phone number… only my cell phone… so wasn’t sure if I was suppose to put my cell number to it or what not so I did… but other then that still confused… sorry …

Tango also acknowledges this issue with their app and doesn’t provides any resolution to this as I’d noticed and I thought it would work without any hitch.They suggest that –

” Currently Tango requires a phone number when registering on Android tablets, unfortunately this cannot be the same phone number or email address that you have used to register on your mobile phone.

You can register using any telephone number you own, including Land lines and Google Voice number. Your friends will then be able to find you either through this phone number or the email address you used to register.

Note: Tango currently requires you to register with a different phone number and email address on each mobile device you wish to Tango on so make sure you don’t re-use the same ones if you are registering multiple devices. ”

So try following their methods,else contact them to submit your request in the link below –

http://support.tango.me/anonymous_requests/new

If still this doesn’t works,then you can try Google talk which is although limited to Google account holders only.

Even though another good calling app Viber,in which the development team also admits that their app doesn’t works in Android tablets.

• venkatp16

Does it has option to inset SIM? if not you have to use any third party applications which provide online services.

You can also use Skype for Android.