Why is there something called Watchdog running silently on my Droid 3?

Christine St Syr Griffin November 6, 2012

Well you have the “Ask” format but i am not sure where I can say thank you to so many people from MakeUseOf for all of their help regarding voice on my Samsung 7.7 tablet from verizon. I finally found one that works flawlessly as far as i can tell (Groove IP lite), I didnt want to pay unless it worked and it does – awesomely. So thank you all of you for all of your help!

And for my question – maybe somebody can tell me why there is something called “Watchdog?” running silently on my Droid 3?

Thanks!

2. Naveen Kumar

there are different watch dogs given below which ones is ours
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=watchdog&c=apps

3. Pwince Khan

its an android buil in app

• Christine St Syr Griffin

thank you, i did some research and found it a little confusing as there is the watchdog not spyware spyware app which monitors your" family" members texts and what not and the watchdog that monitors your usage. i did not understand that it was a built in app. so thank you for clearing that up.
      christine st.syr griffin

4. Douglas Mutay

Watchdog is actually what it says it is: a Watch dog that monitors CPU usage and let you limit this CPU usage per app as you want. A good feature that can help you to extend battery life and increase responsiveness of your device because it will focuse on specific apps that use too much processing power or memory.