How can I bypass Fortinet Client to watch YouTube?

hitesh January 8, 2012

I can’t open YouTube in my office for 25days. I tried lots of proxy servers, but it can’t help me . It’s all blocked by the Fortinet Client Firewall. So please give me any software or link to bypass the Fortinet Client

1. Rjmatt89

this works n thanks alot.... :):) so simple n easy..!!

2. Rjmatt89

y do u put up sites dat never work....
    nothng really works in fortinet...!!!!!

3. Larkin Lewis

Probably they haven't blocked https

4. Lee

As others have said, you could get in serious trouble if you are caught. But, I'll throw in one solution because I feel that you can decide whether you're willing to be fired or not.
    If proxies aren't working, you could setup something like remote desktop. Try using TeamViewer, as it doesn't need any setup to work between networks. What you could do is use TeamViewer to remote into your home computer and watch videos through it. It will be laggy and have a time limit, but it should work (unless your employer blocks the ports required for TeamViewer to work).

5. Jay.0

Use google video search to find video on other sites.
    Use vuclip.com and
    Dailymotion.com

6. eric ward

The best way to bypass your employer's Fortinet is to use a smartphone to watch YouTube.  It solves the issue of tracking any security breach on their network.  Just be careful not to get fired for watching videos at your job.

Hello, don't you think it would suck loosing your job because of youtube?

Depending on the security where you work, It may not be a can of worm you don't want to open...  That said, you probably crossed the line, at least partially with the proxies. If you are caught you will get in some major trouble, and if they are using Fortinet, They probably have other defenses in place.
    Also they will probably notice you using a VPN on there network, depending on their setup, and come directly to you wonder why you are using one. Which may also not help if it the firewall is actually client side.

I really have no interest in help, mainly because it will come back bite you. You may get lucky, but do you want to take the chance?  

Talk to your Network Admin about it, but you will probably get a response about too much network bandwidth/resources.

Well, if a proxy server isn't working your only other option would be a VPN tunnel. But depending on how they setup the FortiClient or their FortiGate Firewall VPN might simply be disabled (blocked) too.

Other then that you should be aware that bypassing any network restrictions set by your IT department is a serious violation (and security thread) and could get you fired from your job.