Is buying an expensive gaming mouse worth it?

Juan Carlos Espinosa Agudelo October 18, 2012

Hey MUO, I’m considering what sort of computer mouse to buy for my laptop.

I’ve been looking at some mouses(or is it mice?) and saw:
There’s the cheap smaller ones, which cost around 15 or less euros(I’ve been looking on Amazon and saw the prices aren’t that different from dollars)
There’s, what I call, the regular(middle choice) mice, which cost 20 to 40 euros.
And then there’s the expensive mice, which often are gaming mice(like Razer’s mice) which cost 50 or higher.

I’m thinking I’m going to go for the middle choice, but before doing that, I’d like to know, what’s the key difference between that range and an €60+ mouse?

PS
Even though I’m probably going to play some games, gaming won’t be my focus(I don’t like shooters that much). Also about portability: Even though I’ll get myself a wireless one for my laptop, I’m also searching for one to use for some hours(considering I’m mostly using it at my internship, at home I use PC).