Should I buy a Samsung Omnia?

Ram Lalit August 9, 2012

Should I go for the Samsung Omnia or wait for a Windows 8 phone?

1. Mihovil Pletikos

if you like a phone buy it..... but keep in mind that you are buying that phone with those characteristics..... otherwise wait a few months

2. Timothy Liem

You should buy a Galaxy instead because Omnia is too out of date.

3. Steve

What's the alternative... bloody apple phone or android? I have one and its a Nokia 800. the windowsphone bandwagon is actually not all bad. The apps market shouldn't be the only decider...

4. Ram Lalit

Thanks for your replies ....i have came to a conclusion that i should wait for windows 8..Android is good but that is with every body so i don't like it ,like our pulsar good but so common..
    :)

5. Pravin

According to me the answer should be NO.., DON'T BUY A WINDOWS PHONE RIGHT NOW... I had bought Samsung Omnia W a few months back but returned it the next morning. No doubt that it's a amazing phone with Windows 7.5 Mango, however it cannot be used like a normal smartphone. You CANNOT transfer files using Bluetooth Protocol, cannot use your device on mass storage mode, it doesn't have external memory slot, and the OS still doesn't have a good number of applications available for download as compared to Android, iOS and Symbian...
    There are two answers for you:
    1) either wait for windows 8, which is expected not to have the above mentioned issues (not a big issue for many people, but for me it is)
    2) or the best thing u could do is to buy an Android phone which is overall the best as it does not restricts you to do any damn thing with your phone..

I really love the Metro UI of the new Windows series, but as of now I am really happy with my SGS2... (please don't say it to anyone, I am in love with my phone ;p..)

One more thing, I have spent a damn serious time to choose the best phone for me.. waited for a endless period of time... but ultimately it is YOU who should like your phone, not others...

ALL THE BEST.... :)

6. Richard Borkovec

Windows Phone 8 is such a huge jump that Windows Phone 7 isn't compatible with it. They're switching from the phone kernel to the NT kernel, the same as the operating system on a computer. I would definitely wait for the Windows Phone 8 to come out. Microsoft has already relased Windows 8 to manufactorers, so it shouldn't be long before Windows Phone 8 gets released to them (out of beta), and we'll see phones ready. Nokia has already shown a prototype for one of their Windows Phone 8 phones.

7. Vipul Jain

If you are fixed on buying a Windows phone ONLY! then wait!
    Omnia obviously isnt getting that upgrade.. :D

If it's very urgent for you to purchase a phone then you can buy Omnia which will get 7.8 update and not Windows 8 update due to large improvements in it as well as high hardware requirements.7.8 update will have a same look as Windows phone 8 will have but will vary drastically in features.I recommend you to wait for few months for good Windows phone from Nokia,Samsung to arrive.

9. Dalsan

I, personally, would wait for Windows 8 phones to arrive. Windows mobile phones are not going to have an upgrade to the next version, so WP7 cannot upgrade to WP8 officially. The HD2 fiasco made that apparent since it was rumored to get WP7 from Win Mo 6.5, but then they made the hardware "incompatible" with the HD2 because of having one extra button. With it being so close for WP8 to come out, better to go with the latest instead of being left out a couple years down the road, if not sooner.