How can I buy a mobile phone on a UK website and unlock it to use it in Nigeria?

Chikelu Ezeh May 13, 2012

I live in Nigeria. How can I buy a Nokia Lumia 900 with this link and then unlock it for use in Nigerian network?

1. Amit Sinha

simply ask your network provider that you were traveling internationally and to cut heavy charges you plan to use local network so they will unlock your cell phone, if this fails then try searching on Google for unlocking lumia

2. Richard Carpenter

One problem, The contract. You can buy that phone and unlock it, but you will have to deal with the contract from that provider which may get expensive, probably almost as much as buying a Lumia phone straight out.

If you are wanting a Lumia, I would look for a used phone you can unlock or find a model that is sold unlocked.

I would not recommend buying this phone and unlocking it, but it is possible...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=unlocked+lumia&x=0&y=0