Where can I buy the best digital camera?

gorge August 22, 2010

I just want some brand name with high quality.

1. graffphotos

For a compact, you would want the Canon S90 (or soon to be released S95) - large sensor, bright colours, large LCD, full manual controls, works great under low light, great flash. You wont be disappointed. Remember you get what you pay for, pay for a cheaper camera, don't expect good photos.

2. kittleboy

let me tell you one thing,
    There is no THE BEST of anything !! my friend.
    you should see what do you want to do with that thing.
    If you see that your friend has one kind of camera and you like it, you want to buy a better one !!, don't do this.
    because if you continue doing this, after some time, you absolutely will feel that you don't like this.
    and that's true, because you just bought something that your friend likes, not you.
    so, go for what you really want.
    In different majors, we have different features; that's why we don't have anything like THE BEST .

3. Dave

Hi Gorge,

I used to work at Best Buy and now I'm a photographer. I have used several different brands of cameras and compared several different photos taken with each camera side by side.

For a "point and shoot" digital camera, I would definitely go with Cannon. When comparing cannon next to Sony, Nikon, Olympus and Fuji, the colors are much more natural and more vibrant. Here is a list of Cannon Camera's from a search on Amazon.com --> http://tinyurl.com/amazon-canondigital -You'll be able to compare prices from different stores and read customer reviews.

With a 3 megapixel camera, the largest you can print out is an 8.5 x 11 inch photograph while keeping the image clear. These days, most digital cameras have at least 5 mega pixels. I would recommend the Canon PowerShot SD1200IS which has 12 mega pixels, which is waaaay more than enough.

If you want an SLR for Professional photography, and if your looking for the best of the best, go with Nikon. For the quality, Nikon has been the at the top of the digital SLR competition. When comparing photographs from Nikon cameras with other brands, no other camera comes close. Nikon photographs are most common in Magazines and advertisements.

For an SLR camera, I suggest the 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 --> http://tinyurl.com/amazon-nikond5000 -You'll be extremely happy with this camera's quality. I guarantee you'll fall in love with Nikon.

Good Luck Gorge!

It's very difficult to answer this question without the least bit of information.

In what country do you live? That would be one helpful detail to give good advice.

I will assume that you are from the US and I recommend you to check out Amazon. Amazon usually has good deals, plus you can go through the reviews to see what people think of the product.

Just select the Electronics category and enter 'digital camera' as your search term. It will suggest terms such as 'digital cameras under 200' and you should use one of them in case you have a spending limit. On the results page look at the star rating and the amount of reviews the product has received. On the product page scroll down to product details and check when it was listed with Amazon, i.e. for how long it has been on the market. You will want to get a newer model if you're keen on have the latest available features at your disposal. At the very bottom of the page you'll find the reviews.

If you want us to suggest specific camera models you should answer the following questions:
    What do you want to do with your camera, i.e. which features should it have?
    What is your spending limit? Don't forget to specify the currency!

For a general online shopping guide and how to find killer ass reviews, download our free (signup required though) Shopping Guide.