Should I buy an Android phone or an iPod Touch?
Question by Ritz Rulz /

I am confused about if I should buy an Android phone or an Apple iPod Touch. I like the Apple iPod Touch which has almost all the features of the iPhone 4S. Which one has better apps and features? I am not worried about voice chat or messaging, just apps and features.

• Colin

I have the same problem. I have the iPod touch 3rd gen. I would like to have a camera and microphone on my Itouch. But, the phone I want does have a camera. Somebody tell me which to get!

• Susendeep DUtta

It depends upon your choice and priority.If your priority is music then get iPod as it will allow you to listen to music for longer period of time.If you want better microphone and camera then buy a smartphone.

• Adam Stewart

If you need phone and messaging services, especially when away from wifi, the Android phone is going to be your best choice. If you’re not concerned with phone and messaging the iPod Touch will do pretty well. With an app called Textfree you can get free text(provided you’re in the US), or for $10 a month you can get a service called line2 which can turn the iTouch into what is basically a wifi-only iPhone. I used mine for a few months in this fashion while I was between phone services. Combine that with music, movies, and a Web browser and I can’t recommend the iTouch enough. Great little piece of kit. If you don’t like iTunes, well, there’s a way around that with a piece of software called CopyTransManager. It’s free, and it gives you free, simple ‘drag and drop’ file support to get your music/movies/etc onto your phone. Also, you can access the iTouch like any digital camera and pull photos/vids without any problems.

• idiot savant

I have an iPhone 4. I cut my AT&T service in November. So it’s basically an iPod Touch. I have all the latest and greatest apps PLUS I can make calls when I’m on WiFi (which is the reason why I cut the phone service). With apps like Vonage Mobile and Bobsled calls are not an issue. I just lose the benefit of making them when I’m not on WiFi. The app selection is better on iDevices by far. So in my opinion go with the iPod Touch and save the money that you would spend on the monthly bill on the few apps that you’ll want to purchase and pass on the commitment of a contract and monthly bill.

• annoymous

Well , in my opinion I’d say an android phone is better because you can call anyone when you’re somewhere that doesnt have Wi-Fi . Since for an ipod you need Wi-Fi which sucks because what if your somewhere that doesnt have Wi-fi and you need to call someone to pick you up or something or maybe you have an emergency. I’d go for android phone . It does more things . but i do agree that iPod touch has more awesome games and it has itunes.

• Norm52

Always consider the service plan. Apple is tremendous.

if you like itune then go for Apple.

Hello, I would say you are the only one that can make a decision like that.  After all you will be the user.  My advice is go to phone service providers and play with the phones.  Also ask as many questions as you can think of that relate to your doubts.

• Azamat “Bohed” E

Basically, if you are looking for high-quality music playback – choose iPod, if you are looking for apps and features – Android. My opinion.

• Susendeep Dutta

If you are serious music lover then you must go for iPod touch as it’s specifically designed for music and videos.Although you will miss 3G and calls,you can get into messaging by using chat features online through Wi-Fi.

Apple store has polished apps and they are published under strict control of Apple.So,definitely Apple has upper hand in this than Android.

If you want an latest Android phone which has good music qualities,then go for

Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman –

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_live_with_walkman-4111.php

The best part is that you have expandable memory option.

Samsung galaxy SII also have a dedicated sound chip for better music playback and its expected that its successor is going to be launched soon in Q2.

As MWC is going on,you can expect some more Android phones which have good quality music.