What is the best way for a business to store images online?

Dusty April 18, 2011

What is a good image storage/manager online for business use? I am thinking something like Flickr, but not social.

1. jhpot

I actually highly recommend Dropbox for this. There's an online gallery, but you can also sync all of your photos between everyone in your company. It's the best of everything.

If you want to learn more, check out our unofficial Dropbox manual:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/download-using-the-magic-pocket-a-dropbox-guide

• Dusty Robinson

Can the images on Dropbox be tagged, grouped, mapped, and filtered similar to Picasa or Flickr? Or could I set up Picasa to just point to a file on Dropbox? I will have to wait until I get home in order to download the manual because I don't have access to Facebook at work.

• jhpot

You can sort photos by folder, but not much else. You asked for no social features; in my head tagging, grouping and mapping are social but I might be wrong.

You can download the manual via email; there's a small link for that under the Facebook button.

• Dusty Robinson

Thanks for the email link heads up, totally missed that.

When I said no social features I meant we do not intend on sharing these images outside of our organization. I would still like what I would consider organizational/filtering features.

I will look into the Dropbox manual though.