How do I burn a 9.5GB ISO file over 3 separate 4.7GB DVDs?

dhanunjayarao chunduri October 16, 2012

Hi friends,

I have a 9.5 GB single .ISO image file that auto-plays when I mount it. I want to burn this file across 3 separate 4.7 GB DVDs and I don’t want to disturb the auto-play option, i.e. when I want to access a file that is not on the first DVD then it will ideally ask for another DVD.

Is this possible, and how?

Thanks!

I don't know how good the compression is but Magic ISO Maker can convert your .iso file to a .uif (compressed image file) file format so you may get it on one DVD

2. Alex Figueiredo

use rar or 7zip. Best choices you have.

3. Dimal Chandrasiri

use winrar and store it... but when you are creating the archive, there is an option called split in it. split the file into what ever size you want! then store it!

• Dimal Chandrasiri

then write the files on DVDs... easy as that.. no compression, not time wastes. just pretty simple! :D

Why do everybody use Winrar for free? :lol:

Also thanks for reminding the split feature of windrar.

4. Asif Mistry

If you have 7zip it does the same compression such as winRar and option to split archived file into diffrent sizes(cd:700mb,DVD:4.7gb) if you use ultra compression format the size may get reduced to 2 DVDs

Using this method you will have to first extract the files and then use it

• Asif Mistry

ues Img burn to burn the files to dvd

5. Jonas Nordgren

i think unless the software on the disk supports it, it is impossible, if its just files, i use winrar to open it and separate the files, then burn them.
    hope this helps :)

• Justin Pot

I agree: it's going to be hard to do this if the software on the disk doesn't support multiple disks. RARs or something like it is the closest you can get.

6. Drew Butler

http://www.ehow.com/how_5133029_split-iso-file.html
    Pretty sure It will have an option to make the discs auto-play but I can't confirm that... Someone may provide a better answer but this is worth a look. :)