Why does my built-in webcam not work with Skype?
Question by Larry /

My Sony built-in webcam will not operate with Skype.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• myrna

Why is it that my Sony vaio built – in web cam is not working. What I will do to fix it? they can’t see me but I can see them when we use the skype.

Does it also not work after rebooting the computer?

• Eoghan

hey guys
    my webcam used to work but it seams to have completely gone now !
    i’ve tried all the hints and ideas on the forum like youtube and the bios in the setup menu and it says my webcam is enabled . . . . . yet youtube, skype, and anything else i’d need it for cant seam to find it :/
    my laptop is a Toshiba satellite C-660
    any more ideas ??

• JUDITH24063002

why wont my web cam work

• Delci Francis

please help me use the inbuilt webcamera

• Zarkomilanovic3

my built-in webcam doesn’t work at all

• Aenna Leynes

Hi. I’m having a problem too with my webcam. Everytime I use  the videocall for Skype, this appears.. Please help  me.. :(

• Hariz13may

I’m using an Acer Aspire One with Windows XP. I’m having the same problem but when I press F2 (and the blue screen appears), there is no advanced tab. Help?

• KyleToshibaSatellite

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5212 and i have been using my webcam for skype but suddenly it has stopped working and i cant find out how to fix it…Any ideas?

did you follow the advice in this thread? Some of it appears to have worked for people. If it doesn’t work for you, you may have a different problem. I recommend to ask a new question to get a quick answer.

• Lalley6

when on face book making a viedo the people on the other laptop canot hear me but i can hear them what does that have to do why we can hear them but they cant hear us.

• Monica

my webcam doesnt work when the skype is on the other person who is chatting cant see me