How can I build an appointment and payment system using Joomla?

Joshua Dorfman April 21, 2012

I am developing a website that connects a set of tutors and a set of students. The students log in, they look for the type of tutor they need, then they can see the schedule available for the tutor, and request an appointment. The tutor is notified of a new reservation, then logs into the system and accepts the appointment. The student is sent notification for payment, proceeds through payment, and receives confirmation. How can I build this with Joomla?

Very few Joomla developers, and even fewer reading this. If you had asked about WordPress, that would be easy. ...

2. Rahul

There is an extension called as Joomdle.

Provides Single Sign On between Joomla and
    Moodle, showing Moodle contents in Joomla, search Moodle contents from
    Joomla, showing Moodle inside a wrapper, selling courses through Tienda
    or Virtuemart, integration with other 3rd party components such as
    Jomsocial or Community Builder...

I hope you know about moodle - its a learning management system to integrate tutors and students

3. Kevin Coyle

I could help you step by step if you changed your mind and used Drupal instead!

4. Susendeep Dutta
    • Jack Cola

Unfortunately, that guide doesn't go into detail on making an appointment and payment system in Joomla. Your best chance would be to look through 
      http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=appointment 

A good extension will have a payment module built in to accept PayPal modules. You just gotta find and buy.