Why does the BSOD appear every time I try to shut down Windows?

Mayank Agarwal March 14, 2010

Friends, Help Me Out. Everytime I ShutDown My Computer, The Blue Screen Of Death Appears And I Need To Hold The ShutDown Key To ShutDown My Computer.

I Even Tried Uninstalling All Miscellaneous Applications Installed.
Windows Update Is Always On So That My Computer Is Up-To-Date.
Is This Happening Because Of Service Pack3 Installed On My PC?
Because Only Some Days Before I Installed It And After Some Days Of It It Began To Show BSOD.

Plz Help Me Out.

1. not you

It is because your using Windblows.

2. Mayank

Well, Thank You Friends For Helping Me Out Wid Ur Brilliat Suggestions.

But I Think That I Found Out Why This BSOD Appears.
    Yesterday, I Was Searching About It N I Came To Know That Microsoft Released A Update For Windows XP Users. Called MS10-015 (Windows Update KB799165) Which Causes Crashes In Some Win Xp PC's.
    I Think I Am Also Included In It.
    So I Was Searching About For It's Solution N Here's It Is From Microsoft Forum:-

Go To This Link And See Second Post Over There Made By Member Kevin Hau MSFT, Moderator - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1

Till Then Really Thank You Guys And As Of Now The Problem Is Solved For Me.
    I Hope This Question/Answer Remains Active For Other Users Too To Solve Out Their Problem.

Thanks for the update!

Regarding driver updates, you can use a tool called Device Doctor to easily check and update all of them in one go.

See, Update Your Hardware Drivers For Free With Device Doctor

4. Taty

Yes, please share the error you are getting. Update all your drivers from your device manager., then just have windows do a scan for errors.
    Go to your computer > right click on C (or whatever your system drive is), select properties > Tools> error checking > click Check now.
    It will tell you it will be scheduled for when you re-start. Do that and see if the scan shows anything and if the problem is solved. Let us know :)

1. Post the errors that you get from the BSOD
    2. Do a system restore
    3. Ensure your drivers are up to date
    4. Repair the OS
    5. Format your computer

6. Steve Campbell

Mayank,

The BSOD shows up on systems because of any number of problems or issues. Any time you update your OS or do anything to the registry there is a chance that things will become unstable. I always recommend that you reformat your computer and do a clean reinstall of Windows at least once a year to avoid these types of problems.

If you do not want to go that route, I would suggest that you roll back your system to a time before the upgrade to SP3 and try updating again without any other programs running.

You could also use your Windows disc to repair the files in your registry.

It is most likely a device driver related issue. The blue screen will hold relevant information that is needed to determine which device is failing. Could you please provide the this information?

Also, what version of Windows are you running?

-=- cpopin