How can I make my browsing faster?

chester June 19, 2010

How to merge Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome into one? To make my browsing faster.

I have 7 active, but only 3 are I use. I have others but when I need to use them I re-activate them. NoScript, Echofon and Faviconise Tab

Basically, this is what you need to do:
    1. Buy a super quick PC or format your old PC and ONLY install Firefox
    2. Contact your ISP and tell them to move you onto their fastest plan (or change ISP) - but this will cost you more money
    3. Your done

By doing the steps above, the browser will open super quick and you can download things really fast.

Nice tips, but if he is after speed I would suggest using Chrome or Opera instead of Firefox.

• Jack Cola

For me, I don't really notice that much of a difference between FF and Chrome. It just takes a little while to open and load the 13 tabs I permanently have open on Firefox, but it's still pretty quick - much faster than Internet Explorer. That takes for ever to load.

But Chrome doesn't have all the features that Firefox has yet.

How many extension do you use? The FF tends to slow as more extensions
      are added.

Aibek

Tina's answer is spot on. You can't "merge" different browsers into one, but if you want the fastest browsing experience, and retain the widest possible compatibility, use Chrome as a browser, and install the IE Tab extension on it, which will allow you to use the IE "engine" to display particular sites.

If you want to merge the bookmarks/favourites, I recommend X Marks which currently supports many common browsers (apart from Opera, alas), and will also allow you to synchronise saved passwords.

• Urza

To be fair, the "fastest" browsing experience comes from Opera, as benchmarks of the latest version have shown (although speed alone won't tear me away from my extensive extension collection that Firefox provides).

Chester,

that's a very interesting question. What part of your browsing do you want to make faster? Do you want a browser that boots fast, one that loads pages quickly, or one that let's you achieve certain tasks easier and faster?

You can use extensions on Firefox to mimic functions of IE and Chrome. And you can use all three browsers for different tasks. But you can't technically merge the three into one, unless you develop a new browser.

• aditya kr singh

how can i devlop a new browser