Why won’t my browsers connect to the internet except Opera Mini?

Reena Dsouza April 23, 2012

The phone is not mine, I’m suppose to return it. It’s a Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. Only the browsers (Stock browser, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD) don’t connect to the internet, except Opera Mini. Everything else connects like the Maps and Play. I connect using my mobile network (EDGE).

Can someone tell me what has happened and give me a solution. I am fairly new to Android. Thanks.

1. amit

The same problem occure in my phone samsung galaxy fit
    pls give me the solution only opera works in my phone rest browser doesnt works

maybe there is a kind of account to set to use the (Stock browser, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD)?

concerning Opera Mobile and Opera Mini
    http://my.opera.com/mobile/blog/2009/12/03/difference-between-opera-mobile-10-and-opera-mini-5
    •In Opera Mini, the Opera Presto browser engine is located on a server. In Opera Mobile, it is installed on your phone
    this can explain the different behaviour.

Perhaps a soft reset can help? if not you can try to hard reset (this will remove all installed applications) and then reinstall your chosen browsers and see if they work.

3. Susendeep Dutta

You can try switching the data network off and on.Also,you can request the carrier to send you internet settings.Does,clearing browser history has helped you?

• Reena Dsouza

I tried that, but didn't work.

• Tammie rymer

No my phone is new ever site i go on says mx browser ant suported and my javasc. is misplaced why do we by new phones? to have 0nd that will work when you are paying monthly to have full act. or to pay monthly for something we cant use till we take our new phone 2 county away and pay for it to fix so i can use it ? please anser me that ?