What is the best browser?

Dlorah December 7, 2011

I am trying to find the best browser. I’ve used both Chrome and Firefox. What do you think is the best?

1. Jonas Nordgren

chrome hands down, it IS made by google ya know XD

2. Declan Lopez

I prefer Chrome over Firefox.

3. Anonymouse

Firefox is becoming more and more bloated all the time.  The last several versions, (released weekly now it seems), have reintroduced the same old memory leak problem of trying to hold every tab in RAM and basically locking up your computer.  I have used it since it was Phoenix 0.8.  But I would have stopped altogether early this year when they reintroduced that same old problem that they held on to for s long before if it weren't for the extensions. 

Chrome can't open a webpage saved onto your hard drive; at least as far as I can tell.

• Jeff Fabish

Chrome can open a webpage saved to your hard drive. In Chrome, go to the URL bar and type the location of the file. Example:

file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/INDEX.HTML

4. connie taggart

I like Lunascape6. Its compatable with Windows 7 and its Firefox and Chrome put together. Has tons of feature.

5. Chngan

Firefox I would say. Chrome comes close second. The rest like Opera, Safari, or even IE are up to individual preference.

I think Firefox is better

7. Jeff Herman

I use FF about 75% of the time now and Chrome the rest.  I never use IE anymore.  FF's "add-ons" give you tons of added functionality and customization. Chrome has "extensions", same thing -- but Chrome does not permit as high of a degree of customization to the base package, especially where the UI is concerned.

The tradeoff is one of speed vs. enhanced functionality and customization.  Chrome is faster but you don't get all of the goodies that you can get with FF.  FF has all the bells and whistles you can imagine, but you do pay a little price in terms of performance.  In either case, FF or Chrome, the more add-ons or extensions you install, the more impact there will be to performance.

My suggestion is to try both.  Go to the Mozilla add-ons site and the Chrome Web Store and try out some of the add-ons and extensions.  Then decide which browser you like best.

I am not sure whether the person who asked this question is active on this question, but as you can read,
    there is a common answer,

The best is what suites you the best.

So you can mention your requirements or expectations from your browser, and then you can get a specific answer.

(I will still say the same thing you can use firefox/chrome as your main browser, and the  the second as secondary browser, which you can use when main fails to do something.)

• James Bond

I find that I am limited to the websites I have to access. Example, If though I liked using Avant, I found problems when logging into one of my stock web sites.
      Hence was forced to use IE of FF.
      So in a nut shell, even though you find the browser you like using, there most problably will be a site that it does not work well in.

Yes, you have to pick at least two browsers. Main and secondary.

9. Dave Parrack

It's subjective and for individuals to decide dependent on their personal needs. Some people still prefer Internet Explorer... for some strange reason.

Personally I find myself using Firefox more than anything, but Chrome is rapidly catching up in terms of usability. The question is will the added functionality slow Chrome down too much?

10. Thomas Kainz

You'll ask that question of a number of people and get different answers from all - and for different reasons.  The real reason, I believe you'll find, is because not only do we all have different preferences and needs but, inherently, we all seem to have a dedication to one over the other and that, despite what we may think, tends to cloud our opinions.  The bottom line is that you have to invest a little time in playing with all of them that you are considering and settle on the one that you end up feeling the most comfortable with and which serves your needs the best; that will be the best one for you.  You wouldn't buy a new car solely on the advice of others... would you?  I think not.  You would invest a bit of time in driving them all - the way that you drive (not the way the professional drivers give the cars the work out on their 'closed courses' on tv) and choose the one that meets your personal preferences and needs.  Your browser is your window to the world.  Invest the time necessary to find the one offering you the view that you will truly enjoy.  Best of luck.

• Dan

Best is whats works for applications you need.

11. Osama

I tried each, opera was fastest

It depends on what you need. For speed, I use Chrome. For functionality I use Firefox. If I want to pickup some malaware to analyze, Internet Explorer. I feel that Opera doesn't get enough recognition for just how good of a browser it is, it comes through with functionality and speed.

13. PsychaYogi

LoL EPIC FAIL ^^^^^ I meant Maxthon  :D 

14. PsychaYogi

.... um LoL, the best??? Try Maxthom 3 folks :D Its the fastest browser and is based on ie's platform. I like for all the advanced features and as a power user i find it the best overall. I use chrome as well, from when it was pre-beta and i like the progress its made!

15. william roberts

Depends what you use the browser for. I use FF because of the developer addons. If I didn't need many addons Chrome would probably be a better choice fast, reasonable cpu and memory usage and integration with other Google properties.

Hello, both are pretty good.  It is just a matter of getting used to a specific one.  Most times, you'll find out that you feel more comfortable doing some things on one, and other things on the other.

Both are great.use latest versions.
    when one fails the other will work.

But I like Firefox more because of my usage,
    Addons of firefox provides me more choices than extensions of chrome.

I use live bookmarks in firefox, which is not proided inbuilt by chrome if i am not wrong.

If you often open 20+tabs , use Firefox.

Use both for a long time, You will realize which one suites you better.

• anon

try palemoon
      its a faster mod of firefox