Which browser for Windows PCs do you find most user-friendly and why?

Drsunil V December 26, 2013

Which browser for a Windows PC do you find the most user-friendly and why?

1. David Evans

I like Firefox because it is easy to lock down. I set mine up to forget history, delete cookies etc. Add in Adblock, WOT, etc...

Chrome is a Google product and I refuse to have Google software on my machine.

And exactly how fast does a browser need to be? Difference is timed in milliseconds.

2. DDM

I love chrome because it can integrate everything I use in Google so seamlessly. It's also fast and feels very natural to use.

3. Sumanth V

No doubt its google chrome, rest of them sucks :)

Firefox is preferable as it has very much addons that I like.Although,Chrome is also good in terms of speeds but resource consumption is what matters to me and must matter to everybody else.

5. Aeman A

i think google chrome faster that firefox..
    but in term of downloading,using IDM, i prefer firefox + flashgot addon to fully integrate IDM..
    coz chrome not fully integrate..
    but still for surfing i thing chrome better.

In terms of user-friendliness, Chrome is my favourite (although I also use and like Firefox a lot). I say this
    1. for my own reasons: it is very "clean" and minimalist. Only those things that are essential to function are displayed, and there is only one menu. The combined address/search bar was one of those touches of genius which have been replicated elsewhere since. Although some parts of the browser could be better presented (e.g. the settings window), all in all it is a model of clarity. Additionally, it's very fast and surely that's a sign of friendliness!
    2. I install it on many of my clients' PCs, and the vast majority of them really like it. Tellingly, the ones who like it the most are the oldest and/or most technophobic users. They really appreciate the simplicity and speed.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Nice to know your views

7. kihara

Google Chrome is my favorite. I love its nimbleness and the wide range of extensions in the Chrome store.

8. Alan W

I have used Firefox for many years now and although I have tried many others (just for the fun of it) always stuck with FF because I like the range of addons and extensions available for it.