Why does my browser constantly display “This page cannot be displayed”, forcing me to reconnect to the network?

Charlie Marsh November 25, 2014

I keep getting the notification that “This page cannot be displayed” and I have to disconnect from my Home network and then reconnect even though it says I am connected. This process usually allows me to acquire the page. This is a consistent problem and even occurred while trying to access this website. My wife does not have this problem and uses the same network on her laptop. I have tried everything I know to do including reinstalling Windows 7 Home Premium by using the installation disc I purchased at Wal-Mart. I have also tried restoring my laptop to its original factory condition but continue to have the problem. My laptop is an HP G60-237NR Notebook. It indicates below that the browser I am using is Mozilla 11, however I thought I was using Internet Explorer 11

1. Doc

Laptops (and some PCs) purchased at WalMart often have nagging problems, as they're sourced as cheaply as possible (I've heard rumors they're computers that have failed testing from several people, and their warranties are worthless).
    I'm assuming you're using a wireless connection; check your signal strength - the number of bars showing in green when you click on the wireless icon in the system tray; if the laptop is out of warranty, you can try replacing the wireless card with a newer or more powerful one to improve the signal. You could also have someone check out the wireless antenna (they're usually connected to the wireless card by wires that run up the sides of the laptop lid). If your laptop only gets a poor signal in the room you're usually in, but your wife gets a better signal from another room (or closer to the router), try moving the router or re-aiming its antennas (or realigning the router itself if they're internal). Walls, floors, and ceilings weaken signals, especially if you're using the 5GHz band.

2. Jan F.

It is normal for Internet Explorer 11 to be identified as Mozilla 11 on this page. That is because IE11 does not identify itself as an "Internet Explorer" but rather as a Mozilla browser.

My first question would be whether you are using a wired or wireless connection. If it was wired try a different cable, try a different port on the router/switch/gateway.
    For a wireless network try using/browsing while sitting just next to your router/access point. If that is working fine then you are simply facing the limitation of your wireless signal. Even if the signal was shown as "good" at the location you normally use your laptop, a lot of interference can cause issues just as you explained.

You could try relocating your router then for a better reception as well as some other tips you can find in the following article.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cover-home-find-remove-wireless-blind-spots/

perhaps to reset the router
    do you have the same problem with another browser?