Can I browse with Safari when updating my iPhone’s OS?

rob hilleary February 6, 2012

When I am updating my iPhone’s operating system from iTunes on my MacBook, can I move to Safari and browse the Internet without interrupting the update process?

1. Keegan

Your Mac should be plenty powerful to handle both at the same time. You just need to be careful that you don't do something what would make your system freeze while the iPhone OS is updating. It's always a good idea to watch what iTunes is doing and not to do anything else, but safari shouldn't cause any issues.

2. Chris Hoffman

This shouldn't cause any problems. Your Mac is multitasking all the time with things going on in the background.

well the two hardwares are different, you can work on 
     MacBook while updating iPhone. Perhaps to avoid messages like An Unknown Error Had Occured, wait update finish.

Yes, you can. That said, be mindful not to do anything that could cause issues.

It is best just to leave it alone and let it do its thing, mainly because it reduces accidents.