Why is my Brother network printer not able to print multiple copies of a document?
Question by Andrew /

I have a network printer (Brother HL-5250DN) that works and will print. But while in Microsoft Word 2011, when I choose to print multiple copies, it will print one and then say that all jobs are complete. Why does this happen and how can I fix it? I am running Windows Vista

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Rl2thdr

I have this same problem….I have reinstalled my driver 3 times….still has same problem

Andrew,

were you able to fix your printer and if yes, how did you do it? Please let us know whether any of the suggestions above were helpful or in case you need more support. Thank you!

Hello, you might want to try reading the following article from Microsoft. If affects some printers manufactured by Brother. The article is a bit dated but you loose nothing by trying some of the info.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290956

This usually happens if either the printer wasn’t installed correctly or the driver isn’t fully compatible.

Try re-downloading the correct driver:
    http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5250dn_all

I suggest to use of one the PCL Drivers, especially for Vista 64bit. Extract it to your Desktop or wherever you want.

1. when installing the Printer select “Install local Printer”
    2. select New connection: Standard TCP/IP
    3. input the IP Address you assigned to your Printer
    since you already installed the Printer Windows will automatically find a Driver but do not go ahead and use it. Chances are you will face the same problem again so:
    3. manually select the Driver you previously extracted
    4. finish installation and try printing again