Why won’t Brickify work?

Jennifer Berres September 19, 2012

I posted a URL on Brickify but it’s not working! How do I get it to work? Please help!

Make sure the URL you enter is a direct link to a picture, for example: http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/pcht1/to26apr16-42-37.jpg
    and give it a few seconds.

2. Ahmed Khalil

as i understand it will change image extention is this correct?

3. Tim Brookes

Hi Jennifer,

I've checked out Brickify and I'll be honest it's working fine from my end. It does take a little while for the brick image to appear I find, even on a fairly quick connection (mine is 12Mb) you have to wait around 15 seconds for the brick image to appear. 
    If you have waited several minutes and nothing happens, please make sure that you have posted a valid image URL that ends in an image extension like .JPG or .PNG rather than a web page link or link to an embedded image, e.g. something.com/picture.jpg?display=true - otherwise, perhaps contact the website's creator (on the About page) with your browser version and operating system as there may be incompatibilities with the software you are using. 

The web app uses HTML5, so if you're using an older browser like Internet Explorer 8 then you might find that it won't work. Try using Google Chrome instead, if you've not tried it yet.

Let us know whether you get it working or not!

Good luck, Tim

• Ahmed Khalil

what is this site do exactly?

• Tim Brookes

It basically turns normal images into Lego. You can then download a schematic so you can build it with real blocks. Being flat, 2D images, the Lego-effect it generates is one single plane but it's still pretty cool.

Try it with some random images, you'll see!