Why are there boxes around links when I view MakeUseOf Guides in OS X Preview?

Don June 1, 2011

Why do your guides have boxes around their links in OS X Preview and not in Adobe Reader? Is there a way to eliminate those boxes which interfere with the general attractiveness and readability of pages?

1. Mike Atkin

There's a simple solution, stop using Preview. I've just spent a frustrating day chasing down this issue. Whether the problem is with Word or Preview I don't know, but if you open the files with Acrobat, there's no problem. I'm using Chrome on my Mac now for browsing and I never see this problem.

I think this problem can only be fixed on the "creators" side. 

It's a known problem with engines when PDFs are written out of other application (in this case Word 2007). Looking through my archive pretty much every PDF written out of Word 2007 or Word 2010 has this problem.

• jhpot

The manuals are made in Word 2007, so that would be the issue. I've been trying to solve the problem for a while, because it's been driving me nuts, but I haven't found one yet. 

I really want to stop using word...