Is Box a good storage solution for long-term photo backup?

VS Vishnu November 2, 2012

I was wondering if www.box.com is good and secure enough for long term photo backup? Thanks!

1. VS Vishnu

hi..thanks for all your replies... :-)

2. Gravity Dead

I have the 25 Gigs Free skydrive, that's much more than enough for me and also it is very reliable for long-term storage...

3. Leyon Chung

Yes it is.. This company have good potentials though. You can find constructive feedback about them and their offerings over the web on different channels and yes it is fairly reliable to the subject of thi questions. Althoug, i haven't used it much i would lile to say that if you are thinking about Box, then you are surely on the right path. Apart from Box, Dropbox is somewhat a reliable option to deem. I have been into this business for a long and in the mean time have had used several services. Among them, i will rate; SugarSync, SOS Online, Carnonite and JustCloud. Refernce material is trailed below:

http://www.cloudreviews.com/sugarsync-reviews.html

4. Vishal Mishra

yes it's a good cloud storage service. You can use it for storing your personal data, but i recommend to first encrypt with TrueCrpt or some other program.

5. Boni Oloff

There are many filehosting that can do this thing. And i think Box also one great service out there.

6. Raghav Gupta

Yes its good. You may also look for sugarsync

7. Naveen Kumar

you can definitely store for long term

8. Erlis Dhima

With the world of internet changing everyday, I think nothing is more secure than your hard disk! I myself, use dropbox & mediafire! But I think box is a good option too!

9. Aniket Singh

yes it is good option.......

10. Ahmed Khalil

it is good option for big size storage but if you ask about security i do not know if it is better than dropbox or not

11. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Yes, it also offer higher free storage space than Dropbox. You can get 25GB if you also sign up for Fetchnotes. Plenty of space for free.

12. Dino Pearsons

Yes, it is, especially if you pair it with desktop syncing.

On the other hand, Dropbox probably offers more when it comes to storing photos. It has a dedicated Photos folder and also features automatic photo import from connected cameras, mobile phones and memory cards.

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

To me dropbox is more like temporary files (will be moved somewhere else after I'm done working with it) so I prefer Box for this.

• Til Man

Lisa, could you please give reasons for your opinion? Why is Dropbox not suitable in your opinion for long-term storage?

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Since I'm only using the free service, the space is quite small, thus I rather not store big-sized files like videos or photos except for quick sharing. Once I have time to upload it to somewhere else I'll move them out of my Dropbox. I use the space for my ongoing projects and important documents, as well as references. Once a project is finished, I moved it to another folder to backup to another online storage, freeing space for new project.

I hope this explain enough. Of course if you're using the paid storage you can use it as personal gallery. Hassle-free!