How do I make a bootable Windows XP USB drive?
Question by Niks /

Universal USB Installer doesn’t have Windows XP installer. Any other utility?

• V.M.P.Ranawake

I have missing sme files & i can’t start my computer

well you have to use windows cd, boot on it and choose repair
      you can also use system restore point to revert back to earlier state where everything was fine.

Hello, what is your operating system? We need to know to give more precise instructions.

• Mohammad Altaf

Check below link it will solve your problem. It will Create WinXP live from USB
    http://geeknizer.com/how-to-run-live-windows-xp-from-a-portable-usb-drive-memory-stick/

I have to second that for win to flash. used to install win 7 on this netbook and will use it later today to install XP on an old Dell.

• curiouso9

dell got solution for wintolfash xp. but others motherboard probably not working.

• Smayonak

Although it’s a great tool, Universal USB is for Linux only, unfortunately.

Novicorp’s WinToFlash utility is easily the best out there for copying Windows installers  (as well as bootloaders) onto USB drives.

http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

• Jeffery Fabish

I second WinToFlash recommendation. 

• curiouso9

wintoflash to make xp bootable? ya it boot. but cant continue to setup windows xp. it just stuck. just google it. many people complaint about that. however it work great for windows 7.. on xp its not a solution. got any better recommendation?

Universal USB its not for linux only. it can boot windows vista/7, however not xp. seems like xp on flash is impossible. most method not working and hard.

• Niks

Same problem here :(

• Olivier

You have to read the instructions!

When you boot from the USB, there’s gonna be a Step 1 and Step 2 option. Simply boot from Step 2 after Step 1 is complete!