How can I boot into Windows after uninstalling Ubuntu from my dual boot machine?

Duncan October 16, 2011

I have just used EasyBCD to try and restore the Windows boot loader before I attempted to uninstall Ubuntu Netbook Edition from my no CD drive EEE PC.

I was following the instructions by Jeffry Thurana in the article The Non-Geek’s Guide To Safely Uninstall Ubuntu From A Dual-Booting Machine The Non-Geek's Guide To Safely Uninstall Ubuntu From A Dual-Booting Machine The Non-Geek's Guide To Safely Uninstall Ubuntu From A Dual-Booting Machine Read More . Unfortunately, when I tried to reboot, Windows failed to start and gave the following details:

File: \Boot\BCD
Status: 0xc0000098
Info: The windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry.

Any suggestions how I can get back into Windows and also to be able to boot directly into Windows?

Duncan