How can I boot Windows from CD and re-install it?

Steve August 2, 2011

I was running Windows XP Pro on my computer, but had to install Linux 11.04 when Windows crashed. I managed to re-install Windows, but my internet wouldn’t work because I didn’t have the drivers installed. So I’m running Ubuntu 11.04, but can’t get my Windows CD to boot up.

When I try to boot my computer with the CD in the drive, it goes to the screen where it says “press a button to boot from CD” or where you have to select from boot options, or whatever, but my computer won’t register it when I try to use the keyboard. Is there a way that I can boot up the CD?

stop and deconect and unplugthe system, then boot to windows and see if it works

if you have realtek then there is a diagnostic tool
    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?langid=1&pnid=13&pfid=5&level=5&conn=4&downtypeid=3&getdown=false

download a new driver and from the desktop install it.

Under network connections-double click Local area connection-properties-TCP/IP
    properties-Use the following
    IPIP- 10.42.43.100
    Mask -255.255.255.0
    Gateway 10.42.43.1
    Primary DNS say 4.2.2.1
    Secondary 8.8.8.8
    Click OK

on ubuntu
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9611450&postcount=2

Hello, also if you have a keyboard connected to a usb port, make sure to into BIOS and enable usb legacy. 

This is most likely because you're using an older keyboard or it has old firmware. Have you a USB port that is connected directly to your motherboard? If so, use it because your BIOS isn't detecting it as a "crucial device" on the BIOS Post-Test. If not do you have a PS/2 keyboard you could use? 

Check your BIOS and make sure Plug & Play and USB or USB2 is enabled in your settings. If you can't find it there, when booting, look for text that says "Press &lt key &gt to switch to post", you'll want to press that key. This will add overhead to your boot time but should detect all devices.