Why is there a boot failure error when I try to boot my computer?

SRINIVAS m January 25, 2012

My system has a problem of boot failure. When trying to on the system it showing boot failure. So how can I solve the problem?

Hello, in order to help you with specific instructions, please include the following information:  operating system, all the info you can provide about error code in your screen. 

Does it say it is a disk boot failure?  There are several things that can cause a boot failure:  boot options are not set right, a non bootable disk, hard drive could be failing/failed, and new hardware/software installation.

Try entering BIOS at computer start to see if your harddrive shows.  You could also try setting your system to load BIOS default settings.  To enter BIOS, it depends on what the manufacturer is and also you the BIOS manufacturer is.  Here are some manufacturers and keys to press to enter BIOS:

http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Helps us help you by giving more information such as the one asked in the first paragraph of this post.

you can boot on windows cd and try to use restore point to go back to earlier stable state, now if there is no retore point then try  try boot/startup repair option, lastly you can try upgrade feature, this will ask to reactivate windows.

Which kind of message you have? any number? Which windows version?