How can I bookmark specific pages of blogs?

Abhi May 7, 2011

Page addresses of most blogs are dynamic. For example:

tumbler.com/abcblog/page3

Now if the blog-poster adds two more pages of content, the address of the pages in the above example would become:

tumbler.com/abcblog/page5

This makes it impossible to read a blog sequentially because I can’t bookmark any page and continue reading from there later.

Blogspot used to give permalink to pages earlier, but now it takes you to the homepage of the blog, no matter which page-link of the blog you enter.

Is there any way to bookmark specific pages of blogs?

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Some tumblr blogs provide a permalink to posts, like this one: http://michellelegro.tumblr.com/ If you click on any date you will be taken to that specific entry.

I understand this is not what you asked for, I am not that familiar with Tumblr, since I don't visit it, but here is a little experiment I did with Tummblr and Google reader (RSS reader that I use).

I first found a Tumblr user I wanted to follow up on and then I hit the RSS feed button on their Tumblr blog and once it was listed, in my Google Reader list of sources, I created a folder called "Tumblr" and kept adding more feeds to the Tumblr folder and while the attractive thing about Tumblr is the stylish blog presentation in Google Reader I could sort the entries Oldest first and that way I could do a chronological read of the blogs I followed. I could also use Google Reader Play to show the posts in a much more stylish slideshow presentation. Remember that Google Reader is highly costumizable with the use of Greasemonkey in Firefox making the entire Google Reader expirience a whole lot more fun.

Speaking of Greasemoneky, a quick search on userscripts.org gave these results:

http://missinge.infraware.ca/ For FF, Chrome and Safari adds a whole bunch of utilities including a bookmark button.

There are a whole lot more scripts you could use, but I found that one and thought it would be great for what you asked for.

• Abhi

Thanks!

BTW, I had taken Tumblr just as an example. In my original post, I had put WordPress too as another example along with Tumblr. MOU team edited it out before publishing. :)

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Well the Google Reader or RSS feed trick still applies though I didn't have as much luck finding a greasemonkey script for bookmarking in WordPress.

Hope it helps.