Why is my Bluetooth cell phone not compatible with my car?
Question by william town /

Why won’t my cell phone with Bluetooth not work in my car? Dealer said it is not compatible. I thought Bluetooth is Bluetooth.

Also. if I go by their web site handsfreelink.com/Honda, they tell me what phone is. However, if I purchase a new phone, can I pick the carrier or do you have to get their phones in order to work?
Thanks 65 and do not understand!

You could post your model of car and mobile, we could maybe give you a more exact answer.

Hello, there are several versions of bluetooth.  The first version was 1.0 and the most recent version is 4.0.  Check what version your car is compatible with and select a phone according to that version.  Here is more info about bluetooth:

Scroll down to middle of page and it will show you the different versions and specifications for each. 

If your phone is bluetooth capable and the phone carrier supports bluetooth pairing, it should not matter what carrier you use.  In this case, you should ask the phone carrier all the details about what you can do with your bluetooth phone.