What is the best way to have your blogs and sites point to each other?

Jess Gulbranson May 5, 2011

I have a bunch of blogs on WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger etc. Is there an elegant way to have these services all point to each other? Other than just straight links, that is!

1. Josh Fox

You could use an RSS feed widget on the sites, either individual feeds or combined. If you use a combined feed, you can use services like Google Reader or Yahoo Pipes to combine them for you. I use Google Reader for this myself. You can tag the feeds you want included in the combined feed, then share it. It will give you the option to get an embed code and you can put it into a text widget in WordPress. Blogger has the option to include a feed, which you can use the RSS link provided with the share. I can't say how this would be done on other services as I haven't used them.

If you want entire posts to be put onto multiple sites, you can do this at least with WordPress using some plugins, like the ones mentioned here.

Other than that, I think your options would be limited to text and image links.