Is there a blogging tool that can auto-upload pictures to image hosting accounts?

Queen August 29, 2010

I am not sure if you already featured something like this. If so I would like to be referred. I am looking for a blogging tool that can re-upload an image to an image hosting account (Tinypic, Imageshack) and give me the link.

Just trying to simplify the process, downloading and uploading takes time, especially when I want to blog several images without directly linking to them.

1. Mango Wodzak

This isn't exactly the solution you're asking for, but what you could do, instead of using Firefox, install FLOCK (not version 3, but the 2.6.1 version) .. with flock (2.6.1), you can just press the UP ARROW icon, and it lets you upload photos directly to many photo storing websites (including tinypic, which i personally use).. before uploading, it also gives you the option to "crop" the picture, and/or resize it, and choose which album you want it placing in to, as well as adding descriptions/tags etc.. Once uploaded, a handy media bar will let you click on the picture to obtain the direct URL for it, easily inserted into your blog uploader of choice (I use Scribefire a firefox addon that installs in flock too (in fact most of the firefox addons work ok in flock, as flock is based on firefox). the version 3 of flock is chrome based, and still in experimental stages, not yet giving you the option to upload pictures.. Personally, I have the scribefire addon installed in FireFox, and run both FLock and Firefox side-by-side..

Queen,

If you are going to use any of the tool to auto-upload images to some photo storage site make sure that the website you're going to use is a reliable and established one. Non-established site may close in a year or two causing all your images to stop showing.

3. Ryan Dube

If you don't care what hosting service that you will use, Loadtr (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/loadtr-image-hosting/) is one option. The catch is that images will be stored at en.loadtr.com - and I don't know much about Loadtr, so can't offer feedback on that. I don't know of any other WordPress plugin that will do what you want (I've assumed that you wanted a WordPress tool of course...)

• Queen

That sounds pretty nice, I'll keep it in mind in case I start running my own blog. But for now I am looking for something like an add-on on firefox to use in several free blogs. The WP plug-ins are only for the WP program and not the free blogging site, right? Thanks a lot!