Is my blog good enough to be geeky?

Saptashwa Bandyopadhyay March 19, 2011

If you have read my previous question about website promotion, you already know that I have a blog http://science2tech.wordpress.com – Thanks to MakeUseOf and other sites, now I’m having 20+ views each day (for the last 3 days).

What I want now is some feedback. It’s a bit off-topic blog, but it will appeal to the inner geek in you. Please check it out, leave comments if you like it, and give your views here or to [rup.bandyopadhyay at gmail dot com] and thanks.

I have written, thought up and did everything by myself (a 15 year old boy) without any help from other websites or anyone. Everything is original on the site, including the Geeky quotes page (the joke – but with a little help from Macbeth and Shakespeare).

While your content doesn't really appeal to me I do have two suggestion as a side note:

1. start using the read more function instead of showing the entire posts

2. either change the background or do something with the font+color
    the left side of the posts are exhausting to read because of the low contrast

On a personal note I also suggest a font size of 16px (1em) when using Lucida Grande/Lucida Sans on the web.

• Saptashwa

Is the new color (font color) ok?

It does seem to be easier on the eyes, yes.
        But I admit that the overall look of the blog was better with white.

You should probably stay with whatever you find best and see where everything is heading. Maybe others have a different opinion than I have.

• Saptashwa

I changed it back to white. And I've enabled the "View full article" (another name for read more). BTW if you had checked my blog using a mobile browser, the read more tags were there already (and are), the background's different and the layout is different too. Thanks for replying so quick.

I agree with what Fidelis said. No matter how good your content is, you need to have patience. As I said previously somewhere, building traffic and a reputation for yourself and your blog is hard work as it takes a lot of patience, consistency, and persistence.

So continue to write unique content, improve your skills, regularly release new material, post it on Twitter, comment on other blogs in your field, i.e. be helpful and share your skills, respond to comments on your own site and keep the conversation going. It will all come together. :)

And I just realized that my answer did not address your current question. ;) I will have to checkout your blog a little more.

• Saptashwa

No problem. You can take your own sweet time (not sarcastically). Seems like my Geeky Quotes page is really popular.

Hello, you have to be patient and give it time. My advice to you is to keep your blog up and the views/followers will come.