Why did I get blocked by someone on Facebook immediately after unblocking them?

Aaron Schmidt October 12, 2012

I recently “UNBLOCKED” a person from my block list, only to find that in less than 5 minutes they had blocked me. Now while I know this is possible, there are a few things that make me wonder.
Firstly, it was approximately 2.30 am and this person is generally asleep.

Is there some sort of “AUTOMATIC BLOCKER”, which allowed it to block me upon me once I unlocked them? OR is there some sort of notification setting that could have been used, again to notify them upon my undoing?

1. Eserpess Eserpess

NO! Sorry but the truth is, they don't like you any more and blocked you from their friends list.

2. Sachin Kanchan

if you unblocked them, then there are chances that they blocked you back, as a payback...

but you cannot find each other on fb, and cannot view each others profiles UNLESS that person unblocks you again.

The person you unblocked had already blocked you as he might had noticed and come to know that you'd blocked him/her as he/she was unable to view your profile or any sort of activity.

Moreover,you'll also need to add that person as a friend.

More information -

http://www.facebook.com/help/290450221052800/

4. Jahnezzy Eltime

they blocked you

5. Edwin Williams

The person probably saw you pop up on the activity feed on the right panel and immediately blocked you.

6. Dimal Chandrasiri

there is nothing called an automatic blocker and nor there is a notification system. the person you've unblocked might have noticed that you've block them and, after you've unblocked, they might have blocked you. social networks are not complicated but humans are!

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Nicely said! Yes, there is no such thing as an automatic blocker. There is also no way for anyone to see who has viewed their timeline. It is just not the way facebook is coded.