Is there a way for a blocked Facebook friend to unblock themselves?

Tweety August 22, 2012

Well I blocked a friend on Facebook, but I just checked that person got unblocked don’t have a clue how? When I did not unblock & also I am able to login proper into my Facebook. How did it get unblocked?

1. Adjei Kofi

It's either he's hacked your account password or that he has created another account with the same name and info.

2. Anupam Shawarn

ya you can unblock your friend---Go to Privacy Settings-->Blocked People and Apps
    .
    .
    Then there you can choose the friend from the list whom u want to unblock..

3. Nart Barileva

Not unless they gained access to your account

4. Louwra Preyser

I don't think it is possible for that person to unblock themselves. The only thing I can think is that the person deleted their profile and so it automatically removed that person from your block list. Very strange!

5. venkatp16

no way this can happen until unless someone hack your account...or that guy might have created another account with different email ID and have same display name

6. i0ni

Nope. When you block someone, he will stay blocked until you unblock him.

7. Silviu Despa

Without him knowing your password there is no way that can be done!

• HLJonnalagadda

Yeah facebook gets serious when it comes to security!

8. sudhir r

IF you have blocked someone and he still appears in blocked list then there is no way he can unblock himself. May be it was other profile of the same person

9. Jeff Hamilton

The only scenarios I can think of would be that the person created another FB account, and you now need to block that one. (You can check in your account settings who is blocked to see if they have actually been unblocked, or just created a new account.)
    Or, someone managed to access your account, either by guessing your password, seeing your password, using your computer when you happened to have FB open or you were outright hacked.
    No matter what may have happened, you should change your password on FB. Also, if you use the same password for other online accounts, you should consider changing them, as well.

10. Usman Mubashir

the only way is if they hack your account

11. Avish Kansakar

First off what you need to know is, is that the same account or your friend made a new one. Second, follow the link below and see if that person's name is still in the block list or not
    https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&section=block&h=AQNvmN6YRd-ErcaU

If that person is not there then the only thing I could think of is someone who had access to your facebook unblocked the person (what i mean to say is you might have had your fb open and someone did some stuff on it or someone knows your password). In that case I would suggest block the person again and change the password.