Can you help me block a hacker who has been following me for the last 5 months?

Ann May 15, 2012

I am not sure if you can help me or not but I would like to stop receiving emails from an apparently ‘expert’ hacker who does not have any other useful thing to do in his life. If you know someone who can help me I would be extremely thankful to you. If there is a professional security expert out please contact me, I will cover the charges and be very grateful.

Thank you, Anna

1. guthagowtham

Use a Firewall. I recommend ZoneAlarm Free Firewall. You can download it here.

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/fza-install-steps.htm

Scan for malware in your PC. The hacker might have installed some malware in your PC and may be recording your activities or using your internet connection if you have one.

Download and install everything listed on this page and don't forget to disable real time protection for everything you download and install below.

http://softpicks.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/the-best-free-anti-malware-2012/

Scan your system with Malwarebytes first, SUPERAntiSpyware next, Ad-Aware at last. Protect your cookies by SpywareBlaster.

When scanning with SUPERAntiSpyware, do a Critical Point scan with Rescue mode enabled. Some processes might contain malware.

That's it a highly negligible chances of malware might come if you regularly or periodically do scans.

I also suggest you to get avast! Free Antivirus

http://www.avast.com/en-in/free-antivirus-download

That's it the best free protection. If you download and install everything above.

For more best free apps..

http://softpicks.wordpress.com/

2. Bijoy

I heard that there are software's available(spy software) in markets to trace out the origin of the email sent to you.You said that you recieve mails from him for five months it's better you complain to the email provider which he uses. And also contact your email provider for technical help. If those are not of any use you better file a case in your nearest police station regarding your protection.

Add the person to your spam list - no more spam!

4. ReĆ½ Aetar

as long as no one is accesing your emails you are safe just ignore some one is spamming ur inbox i guess

5. Oron

Anna,
    From what you are saying, you are dealing with a stalker, not a "hacker". This is someone who is following you (physically or otherwise), so they're just like someone who lurks around street corners, or sends you love/hate/threatening letters etc, not merely someone who is mucking about with computers, and the solution to this is essentially a security/police one, not an IT one.
    It sounds serious so you should really contact the professionals rather than seek "advice" from all sorts (and I include myself in that category!).

I think the first thing to do is to contact the police in UAE, if nothing else then to have the complaint logged, in case things escalate and you need to get on their case. Do it in person, bring samples of the harassing emails with you, and get a written receipt with your case no. etc.
    Secondly, DO NOT REPLY to any of those messages. That's important.
    Now, if you can find a LOCAL trust-worthy IT professional with experience in this area, then they may be able to help you find the culprit and bring them to justice. However, it's far from certain that they will, I have some experience in this area and can tell you that it's not nearly as simple as it looks.

Good luck!

• Anna

Yes, you guessed it right. It is both first it was through e-mail, followed by UNKNOWN calls and then two guys punched me in the back and lately a car just missed me hitting when I was about to cross the road, I am not scared if my life is in this person's hand or not but I would really want to know who is that person and why is he doing this for what?

• Anna

i have three email IDs he sent emails to me, if some body on this whole 'planet' can trace and get them may be it will bring some security to me..................I sent his emails to microsoft (as all of his emails are on hotmail / live) but no response to that.
        If someone who thinks can help me please let me know, please contact me.

Hello, is this only happening with email? If it is, you can use the advice given before or you could also try setting up another email account where the email you want from your current account can be forwarded. If it is more than email, you have to explain a bit more.

• Anna

I think it is more than that, I have been receiving life threatening emails from last 5 months who apparently knows everything about me, even where I live now in UAE, which building, I would need an expert IT person who can really help me taking this whole issue extremely seriously. How can we stop someone like that psycho person. There is even a registered police complain for one his email ID in Australia. I can tell you in case of a cyber war even the countries like Australia, UK, USA will not be able to do anything, they could not trace this person since last 5 months.

If it is just a matter of unwanted emails you are receiving, you can simply set up a rule in your email client (and many webmail interfaces) that will automatically delete emails from this individual. If it is more involved than that, we will need more information in order to advise a more appropriate course of action.