How can I block my ex-boyfriend on my iPhone?

robyn February 23, 2011

Is there an app for my iPhone that will tell my ex-boyfriend when he calls that “the number you have dialed has been changed to a private number” and will also not allow him to text message me?

1. Bmd14

Just download iBlacklist. Had same issue with ex girlfriend.

• Jbraunius

Does it also work with texts?

2. Momsbeebop

Delete his number and tell him to delete yours I'm blonde and I figured it out

3. Valid

You can record a silent ringtone of a few seconds and assign it to your ex boyfriend phone number

4. Kinni

how much is it to block up to 15 numbers?

• Karankhuwa20

5 dollars a month. You should be able to have it for free tho. Ppl are crazy.

You have to jailbreak your iPhone to block calls.

Available for jailbroken phones the iBlacklist app from the Cydia Store is ideal for blocking unwanted calls and SMS, added to that is the extra feature of a scheduler to ensure you have total control over who can reach you and when.

To block a contact:

1. Open the app and tap the screen to enable the app. Select 'blacklist'.
    2. Enter the number you wish to block manually or select 'Contacts' to display the numbers stored on your iPhone and tap the contact.
    3. Once a contact populates the fields with the name and number, select 'Add to list'.
    4. Once the contact is in the blacklist, from the menu select 'Settings Calls' to select from hang up, ignore the call, or no action.

Now this app may not have as many options to dispose of your calls as Google Voice but it can also block unwanted messages.

To block SMS you simply need to select 'Settings SMS' and tap to enable. Job done.

But what really sets the iBlacklist apart in the blocking field is the ability to select when you want the calls and SMS to be blocked. From the main menu select 'Scheduler' and select the times during which the caller will be blocked.

If you need to know how to block calls on your iPhone then these options are two of the best apps for the job. Both tried and tested, they both excel in their fields and are excellent solutions to a very real problem.

If you don't want to jailbreak your phone, you can create a silent ringtone and assign it to his number... it won't block the call, but won't annoy you either.

• Pinkbetty

If you have Att you can add the smart limits feature I believe it's called and you can block up to 15 #'s.