Between Chromium vs. JoliCloud, which operating system is better and why?
Question by Rajaa Chowdhury /

Both ChromiumOS and JoliCloud OS are Linux based and follow the cloud computing architecture. Which one do you find better and more evolved of the two? If you like one over the other, would be nice, if you can mention the reason also for liking.

• Kelly Nice

choromium is the best!!

• mohit kumar

Jolicloud OS is far more better than Chromium OS both in terms of support and privacy.

• shaurya gupta

I’d just go with chromiumOS coz i used it for a week and it was quite nice…Never used JoliCloud but i’m gonna try it!

Sure, give it a try from . Select the one which says “Keep Windows” as then it supports multiboot, you need not even partition your HDD and you can simply uninstall from Windows Uninstall programs in control panle. Very similar to Ubuntu WUBI installer however you need not even partition the HDD. :)

Kindly do not comment just for the heck of commenting, it only adds to the nuisance value. Kindly refrain from such things.

chrome OS should be faster
    Chrome OS vs. Joli OS: Two operating systems with their heads in the clouds

Nice article. Thanks a ton!!! However, the hardware was totally biased towards ChromiumOS in it. I wish they evaluated it under the same hardware specs to get a better comparative review.

I recently installed both in a multi-boot environment in my Windows 7 desktop and evaluated them for a week. I personally found JoliOS snappier and more refined. Even the interface is much more structured and refined. However, this it totally a personal opinion and that’s why posed the question to get other opinions.

maybe for offline Joli OS is better. Joli OS is older but it has a smaller team working on the OS. Joli OS comes with Chrome so you can run all Chrome web apps.

Yeps, I am already aware of the chrome extension for Joli. That is how actually Joli started, a cloud environment to be accessed from the browser, later they also had the OS evolved, so OS installed or through browser, I can access my cloud profile.

• Jan Fritsch

I have only tested both OS in their early stages long ago at which time Jolicloud was the better one in terms of stability and functionality.

While I had several issues and application crashs in Chromium the only thing not working with Jolicloud was my WiFi card.

Things may be completely different today.

• Micheal

ChromiumOS, used for years