What is better for scientific and general use – the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Tab 3 10.1 or iPad?

Abdalrahman S March 19, 2014

Which is better for Scientific and general usage: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 , Samsung Tab 3 10.1 or iPad ?

Editor’s Note: We assume the submitter is referring to the iPad 4.

1. Patrick

We have both @ home. The wife has two IPADS she uses as a high school english teacher and I have a Samsung 10.1 that I use in facilities mangement/engineering.

I'm not terribly impressed with Apples' "scientific" or "substantial" apps to be honest. Most of these claims come from the apple juice drinkers. When it comes to number crunching, the android calculators and ability to use java and adobe afor online apps tips the scales in favor of the Samsung for me. If you want to video from your Gojo camera, then use the iPAD, though I prefer to edit video with a desktop...So far, I'm very happy with my Samsung.

I would suggest you to go for iPad as you'll find well curated apps for your use on tablet than on Samsung tablet(i.e. for Android ecosystem).

i think ipad, since iTunes has many interesting scientific applications, but depending your field perhaps android is better. Also to carry huge number of files then sd card is good option and Android can be the right choice for you.

Please define "scientific"? Generally, the iPad (4 or Air) would have more substantial apps that you can use for different sciences and math, especially for educational and professional uses. However, if you wish to multitask and be able to the notes, scribble, or hand write things more precisely, the Note 8 (or higher) would be suggested instead. Android does have its fair share of educational/professional apps, but iOS (iPad) may have better quality apps.

• Abdalrahman S

i mean b y scientific .. reading books , running 3d apps and computaional apps ..
      and what's your opinion about " Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4-Inch Tablet (Black) " ?
      thanks very very much .

• Dalsan M

If you wish to multitask and prefer a higher screen resolution, then the Pro tablet would work nicely. As I mentioned before, though, you may find better quality apps in iOS than you would with Android, but if you can find apps that work for you, then you may be better off with the multitasking power of the Samsung Pro.