Which is the better external hard drive: WD Ultra or Seagate Backup Plus Slim?

Shikhar Jaiswal October 21, 2014

I’m planning to buy a 2 TB Hard drive for my Mac as well as for PS3 use but I’m confused between 2 hard drives: WD ULTRA and Seagate Backup Plus Slim.

So my question is which is the better option to go with considering its reliability, portability, warranty, size and weight? And what is the difference between these 2 hard drives?

They're both portable drives and there's very little to choose between them. The only difference I can see is that WD offers a 3 year warranty vs Seagate's 2 years. If the price difference is minimal, go for the WD, but if there's a significant price difference, go for the cheaper one!

• Shikhar Jaiswal

Which is the lightest and smallest hard drive between this two WD Ultra and Seagate backup Plus Slim?

2. CJ Cotter

Neither one of them has a cooling fan to make them last longer (with your priceless data stored inside), so I would not recommend either one.

you have here a review you can compare with WD Ultra
    Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) Review and Ratings
    http://www.computershopper.com/storage/reviews/seagate-backup-plus-slim-2tb/(page)/3#review-body