Is there a better alternative to Chromecast?

Drsunil V March 12, 2014

Which alternative to Chromecast would you recommend? Please give the reasoning for each recommendation and preferably a purchase link to pages like amazon.In / ebay.IN / flipkart.com.

1. Drsunil V

hi everyone! When would chromecast be available in countries outside US? and which reputed brands of chromecast alternatives can you suggest?

2. Harry Wittmer

XBMC.ORG. In my opinion is by far the best on the market today. They have I believe all operating systems covered. They have it free for use on the Internet and a price of $99.00 for use on the TV. More options for devices, movies, sports and music and can be used on almost any device. I rate it 5 STARS.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please clarify What are it's compatibility criteriae?

3. harold

Roku is coming out with their next generation Streaming Stick in Apr 2014. It will be $49 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon right now. Definitely a step above Chromcast.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Can it be used in any tv with hdmi port?